Sanquin – Masterclass: Biologics-towards personalised medicineMet Korting
Sanquin’s next masterclass on biologics will be organised on Friday October 12, 2018. In this one day course key opinion leaders in the biologics field will share the latest information on monoclonal therapeutics – from pharmacokinetics and immunogenicity of biologics, to antibody therapy in oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Find here the draft programme and/or register directly.
In this masterclass clinical practice as well as background knowledge will be shared and discussed with you. Dr. Dirk Jan Moes (Clinical Pharmacologist/ Pharmacometrician at the Leiden University Medical Center) will give insight into TDM of biologics in oncology. Dr Amara Nassar-Sheikh Rashid (Pediatrician-fellow pediatric rheumatology/-immunology at Emma children’s hospital) will enlight you on how to optimally use biologics in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and Dr Gertjan Wolbink (Rheumatologist at the Jan van Breemen Research Institute/ Reade/Sanquin) on how to use serum PK/ADA measurements in the clinic.
More in depth information on assay/ assay formats and how to interpret the data will be given by Dr Theo Rispens (Sanquin Research) and Dr Annick de Vries (Sanquin Diagnostic Services) and other Sanquin team members.
There will be a lot of time for discussion and answering the questions you have on Biologics.
The following topics will be covered:
- Immunogenicity and TNF-blockers
- Pharmacokinetics of Biologics – from TNF inhibitors to PD-1 inhibitors
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Antibody therapy in Oncology, Multiple sclerosis and Inflammatory diseases (IBD, MS, RA)
- How to use serum PK and ADA measurements in the clinic
- The latest developments in PK and ADA measurements (e.g. home testing- towards dashboard systems and eHealth)
- Natalizumab PK/ADA
- Visit to the Sanquin Laboratories
- Ample networking opportunities
Costs € 995,- (excl. VAT). HollandBIO members are eligble for a € 50 discount. To receive the discount send an email to email@example.com.
Non-commercial institutes like hospitals and universities can send a request for reduced costs (€ 395,-) to firstname.lastname@example.org.