Dutch Biotech Event 2022HollandBIO
Join us to celebrate the power of biotech at the Dutch Biotech Event 2022!
About HollandBIO’s Dutch Biotech Event
The Dutch Biotech Event is a yearly event for members, invitees and others interested in entrepreneurship. The program exists out of a couple of keynote speakers that bring life sciences and entrepreneurship together in an inspiring talk and workshops and break out sessions that contribute to the development of the entrepreneurs and/or their companies.
(Check out the program details below)
12:45-13:30 pm – Registration, coffee & tea
13:30-13:45 pm – Welcome – Annemiek Verkamman (Managing Director, HollandBIO)
13:45-13:55 pm – Announcement Venture Challenge Winner
13:55-14:20 pm – Keynote – Jeroen Hugenholtz (co-founder & CTO, NoPalm Ingredients)
14:20-14:45 pm – Keynote – Hilde Steineger (co-founder & COO, NorthSea Therapeutics)
14:45-15:20 pm – Networking break
15:20-16:10 pm – First round of break-out sessions
16:10-17:00 pm – Second round of break-out sessions
17:00-20:00 pm – Networking drinks and BBQ
Jeroen Hugenholtz – NoPalm Ingredients
Jeroen is co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of NoPalm Ingredients BV. This company was founded last year (2021) to develop a sustainable replacement for palm oil. The sustainable alternative is produced by fermentation using oil-producing yeasts, which are cultivated on locally available sidestreams from the AgriFood industry. This can be food waste, but also residuals generated during primary harvesting of crops or generated during processing of fruit/vegetables such as vegetable-cuttings, potato peels and brewer’s spent grain. Jeroen has a lifelong background in fermentation technology working for applied research institutes such as NIZO food research and Wageningen Food & Biobased research.
Hilde Steineger – NorthSea Therapeutics & Staten Biotech
Hilde is COO and co-founder of NorthSea Therapeutics and CEO of Staten Biotech. She served as Head of Strategic Innovation Management in Nutrition and Health Division (EN), BASF and Head of Global Omega-3 innovation Management including; R&D, Medical affairs and Business Development. She has also served as Vice President, Head of Investor Relations for Pronova BioPharma, Senior Associate at Neomed Management and as a Senior sell-side Analyst at Nordea Securities. She has for the last 15 years served as member of board of directors in a number of listed biotech companies, in Norway and in US. Dr. Hilde Steineger has broad scientific knowledge with a PhD in medical biochemistry from the University of Oslo in 2000 and an MSc in molecular biology/biotechnology from 1992.
- National Growth Fund: opportunities for biotech entrepreneurs. In the latest round of the Dutch Growth fund (Groeifonds) approvals there are quite some ideas which are interesting for biotechnology companies. In this session the Biotech Booster, Cellular Agriculture, CropXR and PharmaNL proposals will present themselves and talk about the role biotech entrepreneurs and companies have in their projects.Including Koen Daamen (Dutch National Growth Fund), Tim van de Rijdt (Mosa Meat), Hubertus Irth (LACDR/PharmaNL) and Guido van der Ackerveken (Universiteit Utrecht/CROP-XR).
- Talent in turbulent times. As biotech is booming, the demand for talent is too. But although biotech is growing steadily as a sector, building a biotech company rarely is a linear, uphill road. Promising results trigger exponential growth, whereas setbacks unavoidable lead to lay-offs. How to navigate this inherent uncertainty from a human capital perspective? And how to attract and retain talent for a lifelong career in life sciences under these challenging circumstances? During this interactive break-out session, seasoned specialists will share their insights, discuss strategies, and explore opportunities to join forces.
Including Wiebe Teeuwen (QTC recruitment), Vera van Proosdij (Mosa Meat) and Lilian Hendrick (Agendia).
- Early Stage Term Sheet Negotiation Game (please note: this sessions takes 2 time slots (90 min.) if the maximum capacity is reached, we’ll contact you and add you to the waiting list). Learn and experience the challenges and pitfalls of negotiating a VC term sheet during an interactive – in person – negotiation game. Become a top notch negotiator and get familiar with terms like pre- and post, money valuation, anti-dilute, leaver clauses and liquidation preferences.Including Sybren de Beurs, Ruud Smits and colleagues (NautaDutilh).
- (Lab)space to grow your biotech startup. How can biotech entrepreneurs find (lab)space to grow their company? In this breakout session we will discuss this question with interesting speakers, a panel of experts and you in the audience. We will start with two pitches of entrepreneurs who have realized their own lab space for their company to suit their specific needs. After, we continue with reactions by an expert panel of builders and project developers of lab spaces for biotech companies. We round off with a discussion with the audience. Will you join us to answer the question how the supply and demand side of lab space for biotech companies can get closer to each other?Including Janneke Meulenberg (MeiraGTx), Mauro Muraro (Single Cell Discoveries), Gonja van Hardeveld (Thermo Fisher), Johan van Gerven (Kadans Science Partner) and Richard Rushby (INNOLABS).
- How to survive & thrive in today’s bear biotech market? Join our panel discussion on the current climate in financing of biotechnology. The recent US biotech public-market downturn is a normal part of the investor enthusiasm cycle. Visions by various experts in the field of financing will be shared on how your company can survive and thrive in this tough market.
Including Jan De Kerpel (Kempen & Co), Jacquelien ten Dam (Mimetas) and Paul van der Horst (Agomab).
Who can join Dutch Biotech Event?
The Dutch Biotech Event welcomes HollandBIO members (registration free of charge, max. 3 delegates per organization) and employees of other biotech R&D companies (registration fee €195,- p.p., max. 3 delegates per organization).
If you have any questions, please contact HollandBIO’s Robbert to find out more about the options to join the event.
Registration is closed.
Date: September 9, 2022
Time: 12:45 pm – 20:00 pm, including drinks and BBQ
Venue: InnStyle, Herenweg 55 Maarssen
Made possible by